Guide to the central capital of Spain- Madrid
Spain’s capital and it’s largest city, Madrid is a top destination for many people. The beautiful vibrant city has a bit of everything for everyone to enjoy. Soak up the culture in the museums all over the city, drink until dawn at rooftop bars, walk through the elegantly manicured park, eat tapas until you cannot move and indulge in the magnificent architecture all over the city.
The first thing we and many people like to do when they first get to a new city is find somewhere to eat serving the local cuisine. Being our first time in Spain and not doing much research before visiting, we saw that the “tortilla” is a very well known local dish. When WE think tortilla all that comes to mind is a taco shell-WRONG!!! In Spain the local tortilla is an egg omelette served with cheese, potatoes, and onions on the inside. Though it was quite different than what we were expecting, we were blown away with how delcious the tortilla was at Casa Dani.
OUR TOP 10 THINGS TO DO IN MADRID
- Enjoy a cappuccino and croquettes at a local cafe
- Visit a Jamonaria and taste the local ham on a crunchy roll
- Walk through the elegant park, Retiro
- Gather history from the National Archaeological Museum
- Shop till you drop at San Miguel Mercado
- Try a delicious empanada at Cambalache for a reasonable price
- Drink sangria or local beer with free tapas
- TACOS DUH! Because they are our favorite we find them all over the world- Tiki Taco really hit the spot for us
- One of our favorite bars we went to was 1862 Dry Bar with craft cocktails and a cozy ambiance (sit downstairs)
- Hit up the slot machines or table games at Casino Gran Via